Thursday, May 13, 2010

Birmingham---AGAIN!

Back in Birmingham. Yes, back in Birmingham.

Brent is doing a charity tournament on Lay Lake this weekend. Mark's Outdoors does the event every year and it draws a huge crowd.

So, what's been goin' on???

Lots. We stayed at Guntersville after the tournament. I had a great Mothers' Day. I got up and made breakfast before we headed out for a 2 hour hike. It was a gorgeous day to be in the woods and we had a great morning. I did get a quick run in before I resumed normal duties (made lunch, cleaned camper, went to weigh-in, made dinner, cleaned kids, got kids to bed.) EXCITING stuff here people!

Brent took Mason out fishing the on Monday and Tuesday. He is his father's son. He has mastered his baitcaster and hooked a 6 1/2 pounder Tuesday. We chilled for a few days before heading over to Birmingham.

So, Today we went to the zoo. Brent, Mason, Makayla and I met Leslie Martens, Jordan and Spencer for some fishin' family bonding at the Birmingham Zoo. We had so much fun. We fed giraffes, fed lorokeets and got tooted on by a rhino. Awesome. I have pics form the feedings...not the toot incident. I have never laughed so hard on a zoo trip. What can I say. Life is good. We will play at desoto caverns tomorrow while Brent does a public appearance. Saturday the kids and I will load the camper and head to Augusta, Georgia while Brent fishes his tournament. On to Clarks Hill.

Did I mention that in 10 days we will be on the oil spilt beaches of Biloxi? Let's hope our vacation isn't ruined by tiny tar balls!!! Or big oil.


Gem Quotes:

Makayla- "Daddy, You need to shave. It looks like you have sand on your face."


Jordan-"We don't have family time...You should come to our camper." (after I tell Makayla to come home for the night because it's 'family time.'


Makayla- "I'm gonna live with tigers, cheetahs and parrots." (good mix)


Robin- "Stop hitting that Laker...You are knocking all the stink out!"


Spencer- "He's got a big butt." Spencer says while giggling and pointing at the tooting rhino!

No comments:

Post a Comment