Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ragnar Relay Tennessee

Sometimes I wake up in the morning and just feel good. That content feeling of happiness!!!
It's great to wake up and feel grateful... peaceful... happy. (This feeling will probably dissipate after a few hours of home school with Mason and keeping Makayla in check. But it will resurface as I remember how much I love my kiddos.)
SOOOO, Robin, Leslie and I decided to take the plunge. We are putting together a 12 person racing team. We are doing a relay race that runs almost 200 miles. I keep telling myself that I will look back when I am old and gray with pride that I did something so challenging and amazing. (uuuuu-- I mean older and grayer.) We are trying to put a fisherman's wives team together. Team name suggestions are welcome. The Fishnets, Elite BASS wives, Team Running Fish. The training program will be incredible, but I am up for it. Who says when you break you foot you can't run anymore (Oh yeah, that was my orthopedic surgeon.) I'm fine running 200 miles---It's those pesky moonwalks that injure me!!! I really love my fishnet friends (fisherman's wives on the trail will be referred to as fishnets from now on.) Although I am tormented by home school vs public school....I am truly enjoying myself and my kids are too. We will keep walking the path and see how it goes.
Next subject---- Biloxi!!!! I am so excited to see my family and hang out together. I have the best in laws and cannot wait till vacation!!!!! One condo. Three bedrooms. 6 adults and 5 kids. I am probably the only one who thinks this sounds awesome...As long as no little tarballs pop-up on my beach.
Gotta get back to work...But my gem quote is a gem story today.
I decided to clean out the pantry in the camper before vacation. I don't want to leave lots of food in here while it is in storage for the week. So I have a can a tuna and box of tuna noodle helper. Now I know you all think I am an expert chef and it's probably a little disappointing that I have this junk in our kitchen. Sometimes a girl only has ten minutes. Sorry.
So I make Tuna Helper. Makayla eats it all (WHAT?!?) Mason eats five noodles as he desperately scrapes every little spec of tuna off. I stomach a small portion. Then after my hubby has been out on the boat from 6am-6pm and worked on tackle till 8pm---he finally sits down to eat. (The kids and I are watching a rerun of Survivorman from a deserted Pacific Island.) Now Brent is high-maintenance... but he is very easy to please with dinner. He is always grateful that I make his breakfast, lunch and dinner.
So as he is barely choking down my gourmet cuisine, I say that dinner wasn't really that bad. He politely smiles and says,
"No it's not that bad. It would be great if I were stranded on that island."
I guess I will not buy anymore Tuna Helper. (I will still buy Hamburger Helper. DEAL!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment