Sunday, March 21, 2010

Leaving Cailfornia.

We left California this morning to head back to KC. My spontaneous husband got some wild hair to go skiing on our way home.
He was about to have a meltdown as we passed Tahoe. He asked a dozen times if we could stop, but I was not going for it.
I am the one usually whining and pushing for the pit stop vacations on the drive.
I finally caved because Brent loves skiing and have been wanting to take the kids for about 2 years. We are now headed to Park City, Utah for a few days. I have not been skiing for 8 years and am very excited. I am a little nervous that my babies will be on the slopes. OK OK... way nervous. Brent will have to medicate me.
If I can keep a helmet on dare devil Makayla, keep Brent off of the Black Diamonds and keep from re-breaking my foot...I will feel little better.
Brent and I hope to get some good runs in while the kids do the ski school from 9-3. Then we can chill on some greens and have hot chocolate.
I can see Makayla slapping her helmet and diving off a Black Diamond Yelling "Cowabunga!!!!" My girl has no fear and will probably love it (but I will keep her to greens.)
I will post pics and let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment