Monday, March 1, 2010





































March Madness----Chapman Style!



March 1...I cannot believe it. We are starting the month with our 4 day drive to Lodi, California. We drove all day today and will drive 9 hours tomorrow to the Grand Canyon. This will be Mason and Makayla's first trip to the Grand Canyon. We plan to spend the day and then head on toward Cali. I am really looking forward to telling you all about it.
I feel like I should be blogging everyday. I have so much 'vital' information that I am going to have to work hard to get it all out. My superb sentence structure, paragraph composition and grammar may be difficult for you college grads to follow. Just try to stick with me.

OK, let's start with what we have been up to. Family, family, family. Oh Yeah, more family. We spent the last week in Ft. Worth/Dallas area with lots of family bonding. We park the camper in Uncle Brian driveway...Way classin' down the ritzy Colleyville neighborhood. (It would have been better if I could have had Brent dump the black tank into the public sewer while wearing a robe and smoking.) We did look a little WT as I carried loads of laundry between the camper and Brian's house wearing my pink jammie pants and poke-a-dot robe. (I know---HOT.)

We love camping in Brian's driveway. The Coad family came down for the weekend and my brother's family live only 20 minutes away. We crammed in as much face time with everyone that we possibly could. We even managed to see the Bookman and Tonjes clan from Tyler, TX and the kiddos had a slumber party. We are so blessed. I love my family and my in-law family. Next time---you guys come to LQ! We are exhausted! I am actually more relaxed now that we are driving for the next 4 days.
There also may have been a margarita incident, a $15 flaming coffee incident and a dancing daddy incident.
I did really enjoy the week pass at Lifetime Fitness in Colleyville. Good thing I could work out since I was following my strict 2500 calorie diet. LT had a eucalyptus sauna that was incredible. Best ten minutes of my day. I will be sneaking into LT when Lenexa opens.

While we were playing with the family...Brent was doing seminars at BASS Pro Shops. He spoke at Garland, Grapevine and Shreveport over the weekend. He has been really working hard to start the season off on a good foot.

On a serious note, I am a little homesick and Makayla is too. She had a minor meltdown Sunday wanting to go home. It was really sad and I feel here pain. I love traveling. I love our family life on the road. But I am missing home too. I am sure I will get over it when we start the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment