Friday, May 7, 2010

Lake Guntersville

This week has been sooo fun. We are camping at Lake Guntersville State Park with all of our friends close by. Mason and Makayla are livin' the dream. Everyday is spent fishing with Laker and Oakley or playing with Jordan and Spencer. We have been swimming at the Lodge Pool with the Jones, Martens, Howell, Davis and Lowen kiddos. These kids will look back someday and remember how amazing it is to play with all the fisherman families. Having friends from all across the country growing up like next door neighbors.
I hope they love it as much as I do. I really love my friends and appreciate them more everyday. As we progress through the season, I reflect at how blessed I am to have such wonderful women surrounding me. These moms are amazing and their kids are amazing...I love my life.
I do miss my family at LQ and miss being home...but there is a bond among fishing families that is hard to explain. We all experience highs and lows with our husbands careers. We all live side by side in campgrounds in strange little towns. We all pray for our hubbies to feel confident and accomplished on the tournament trail. We all pray for a 'check' and 'points'!!! We all feel sick and deflated when the fish don't cooperate with our plans and our hubbies don't get a check. We all live in a paycheck to paycheck type world... But we are close families. I love my friends and although I am feeling high because Brent got a check this week...I empathise with all my friends that are going home empty handed this week. We just have to give our men a big hug and tell them we love them. Better luck at the next one and put it behind you.

PS-- I love my man and I am grateful he had a good week.
PSS- pictures soon....got lots of good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment