Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pickwick Lake Event. Florence, Alabama

This has been a great week. There is way to much to write about in the small amount of time I have today.
Brent and I started the week by taking the kids to see "How to Train Your Dragon." It was great to be able to spend a day together goofing off. (Never mind the tornado sirens going off the whole time we were in the theater.)
Brent is fishing at Lake Pickwick for the 4th stop on the Elite Series. He did make the cut and is fishing today...Thank goodness. This is the halfway tourney and we need the check and the points toward Angler of the Year.
This week for me has been filled with fun. Robin and I have been rotating kiddos so we can run. It's worked great. Having 30-45 minutes alone to jog is (I can't find the words...) amazing, energizing, refreshing, awesome. I don't know how to explain it, but when you are on the road and are with the kids EVERY waking second---having this short time to run through the park in the fresh air just feels good! I have also been going to the local Gold's Gym with Leslie and Robin for some BodyPump, BodyFlow and RPM classes.
The Kids-
They are lovin' this campground. Mason and Laker and fishing at a little water inlet every free second. It is right across from the camper and the are catching some pretty good fish. Oakley and Makayla have been inseparable. They have been riding bikes, doing puzzles, watching spongebob---I mean educational children's programs.
These four are so well suited. They really enjoy each others company, get along well and are great friends. We have also been able to spend more time with Jordan and Spencer this week. Makayla always wants to play with Jordan...But I love to watch her and Mason together. They are so cute. Yesterday, they were sitting in the truck quizzing each other on how dinosaurs were killed and going over all the scientific points while looking at Mason's dinosaur encyclopedia.
Makalya has mastered doing 70 piece puzzles. She starts on the inside and works out. I can't even to that...I always start with the edges.
Anyway, we are off to Guntersville next.
Gem Quotes-
"Whats that on your arm?" I asked Makayla-----
"I don't know. Maybe it's poop," says Makayla as she LICKS the mystery goo from her arm!!!!

"Next time you cut my hair; Keep it so I can make a new fly," Mason.
"Hey Makayla, if you really wanna lose a tooth...Play football with mommy. She knocked mine waaaay loose." Mason. (and yes I did and Yes he did lose another tooth.)

"I drew a butterfly on my shirt. When it grows up you can wear it, mommy," Makayla.
"Is that gum on your necklace?" Oakley asked about my pretty costume jewelry.
Bonus---2 Gem conversations--
Mason and Makayla-
Makayla-"I'm gonna marry Laker when I grow up."
Mason-"You can't marry Laker. He's older than you."
Makayla-"OK. I will marry Oakley. He's 4. I'm 4. So I can marry him."
Mason-"Good idea. You should marry Oakley."

Mason and Laker-
Laker- "Oakley and Makayla are on a date."
Mason- "Yeah. She even tells him what to do...and he does it!" (that's my girl.)

1 comment: