Friday, March 12, 2010












California Delta.
We are having so much fun here. Mason and Makayla are riding their bikes and playing at the jumping pillow and playground everyday. We are working on school work (still a struggle.) We are playing with all our friends...Oh.... and Brent is fishing.

The fishing is tough for the Delta. It usually a bass fisherman's dream out here. The guys are all working hard and dealing with less than ideal weather.
Brent is in the money cut going into day 2...he just has to hang in there.

In my effort to live a fantasy life of field trips and vacation- we went to the Lodi Micke Zoo and the Jelly Belly Factory this week. We get to do so many amazing things as we travel. We try to have at least one field trip for every tournament. They have no idea how incredible this lifestyle is. Mason and Maklayla think every 4 and 6 year old kid has seen all the country and get souveniers every couple days. I don't want to spoil my kids, but I do want to let them see all the amazing places we travel to.
The zoo was---a zoo. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Animals. The kids had fun and we enjoyed the company.

The Jelly Belly factory was incredible. Is it a problem to leave with $62.00 in Jelly Bellys????
It was a neat tour and I love that it is a 5th generation family owned candy company. I knew Ronald Reagan was a fan, but it is a cool story about his love of Jelly Bellys and their success with his presidency.
Alton Jr tricked my sweet boy into eating a jelly belly flavored like rotten egg and gave Laker one flavored like skunk breath. I would feel sorry for the boys...but I am just glad it wasn't me. Check out the picture of the boys spitting them out. They also had dirt, puke and bugger flavor.

Next we are headed to Clear Lake in California. Giant Sequoia and Pacific Ocean field trip.

Gem quotes of the week.

"Wow, look Mommy, he has all golden tooths." -- Makayla.
"My doggy has a cool trick. He sits and drags his buttocks." Oakley
"We should all bring our Red Rider BB guns next time." Mason
"Can we let the bull out?" - Laker
"This doesn't taste so good." -Mason (after Alton fed him the rotten egg flavored jelly belly)

1 comment:

  1. "My doggy has a cool trick. He sits and drags his buttocks."

    Our dogs and cat know this trick too.

    ReplyDelete