Thursday, March 18, 2010

Clear Lake, CA and Ft. Bragg












Finally!!!!! Perfect mid-70 weather and sunny skies at Clear Lake in California.

Brent is starting his tournament today. I am reminded how lucky I am to have a great husband. He really does work hard. I know many people think, "Oh, you get to fish for a living. You are so lucky not to have a 'real' job."
Well, Brent works his tail off. Everyday he is up and gone way before the sun is up. He usually gets up by 4:30 or 5:00 and heads out on the lake while the temperature is freezing ...dressed like he is about to climb Everest. He stays out working on his strategy for the tournaments all day. Usually it's a 12-14 hour day before coming in at dinner and working on his tackle and boat until bedtime. There is no lunch break or time card at the end of the day. His work is never done.
He also deals with unbelievable pressure. He has to do good in this tournament. Our entire season depends on how he finishes this week and he needs to catch some big bass. It's always on his mind. The Delta was not a great way to start the season and now he's making up ground to qualify for the Classic. Times and tough and sponsors are not as plentiful as years past...Performance is everything.
Not to mention that he is in the public eye. He gets dozens of phone calls everyday to ask, "How'd you do?" When you have a bad day at work as a professional angler--everyone knows.
I am praying for a good week for Brent and that he can calm his spirit and enjoy fishing. He is amazing and works hard for his family. Watching him work out here reminds me why I am so tolerant during hunting season. (Someone may have to remind me of this statement when November rolls around.) Everyone deserves a break and time to recharge their batteries. If your man works hard...let him have a little time watching a game, hunting or whatever.
I love my husband and I cannot believe the sacrifices he makes for us and how hard he works. (Someone may have to remind me of this statement too!)

In an effort to maintain my vacation lifestyle with fun field trips we headed to Ft. Bragg with the Howell family on Monday. The kids had a blast and the bluffs are amazing.

Gem Quotes-
"Made you look, made you look...now you're in the baby book," Mason and Makayla over and over again.
"I want to rub antlers with daddy," Makayla.
"If you have pink and green hair, what color will the baby's hair be?" TD

No comments:

Post a Comment