Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy 10th Anniversary- April 15, 2010


10 years of wedded bliss!!!!

I cannot believe Brent and I have been married 10 years. It's strange that it seems like yesterday...but seems like a million years ago at the same time.

I am not going to pretend it's all oowey-gooey and we cannot stand to be apart because we are sooooo much in love. Let's face it- we aren't 16 years old. I will say this--

He loves me!

Whether I am sweet or hateful...Brent loves me.

If I am pretty or ugly... Brent loves me.

If I am sweet or mean...Brent loves me.

Peaceful or vicious; sick or healthy; confident or insecure; strong or weak; fat or fit; patient or impatient; giving or selfish; supportive or stubborn....He always loves me.

Let's be real people...I have been all of these things and more.

After 10 years, I am feeling pretty lucky to be married to someone I trust completely with my emotional well-being. There are times he drives me crazy and makes me so mad I cannot see straight. But the good far exceed the bad and I know he always has my back...No Matter What.

For my anniversary- I wish for nothing material. I want no jewelry or fancy presents. I simply want a joyful life with my family. I want to work even harder to make the next 10 years even better. I want to put in the extra effort and give a little more! (I will be expecting...I mean 'hoping' he does the same.)

He is off to a great start by sending me a wonderful text at 5:40am telling me that he loves me and loved the past ten years.

Life is what it is...Make it good or not. So much is in our own hands. Leave the rest to God.


OK! OK!

next subject.

Mason went to bed crying last night because I could not yank his tooth out. We tried for about two hours. Come on child...Enough blood. Give it till tomorrow!!! (The tooth fairy had a full work load for last night. Probably a union thing. Stimulus money will have extra tooth fairies working to save our economy soon! No tooth will be left behind!)

And a special shout out to all the home school moms---You must be made by God filled with patience, kindness and jellybeans. This is HARD! I am running low on sugar and either Mason and Makayla have an attention problem or Mom does. I am pretty sure it is a little of both. We are working hard and I have enormous respect for all teachers and home-school moms.

(I can hear take-off in the back ground. Good luck Brent!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the Anniversary. May there be many more!!!

    BP

    ReplyDelete