Saturday, April 10, 2010

Smith Mountain Lake, VA

Back to work!!!
We are safely in Virginia and ready to take on the third Elite Series Tournament. Brent had a public appearance tonight at a local church with some of the other pros. He said it was a great time and he hopes to do more of these events.
I worked to...I had a public appearance at Robin's house and watched kids play. (Trust me- it's work to make sure no child is seriously injured.)
I am really looking forward to this week. I am starting our next women's bible study with my wonderful friends. I love spending the time with these girls.
This week is also my 10 year wedding anniversary.
I have three things on my wish list for my anniversary week.
1. No trips to the urgent care and good health for the family.
2. Brent to have an awesome tournament.
3. 50 more years with my man.

gem quote of the week.
"Why do the call them DUMB beetles? Is it because the roll poop into a ball?" from Makayla regarding the documentary on dung beetle. -this is pretty dumb.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bobbi,
    I was just reading your blog. I was at the church Sat night when the Pros were there. It was an honor for us to have them there, meet them and hear some of their testimonies.
    Its so awesome the hear the way God is using christians like all of you with the Bassmasters. We hardly ever hear things like we heard from the guys from the media. They tell the worlds view of things. We got to hear the real deal with these guys!

    We are sorry SML wasn't so good to Brent and the guys. We will continue to pray for all of you as you travel. And for the guys in the remaining tournaments. A lot of us are excited about keeping up with the stats since we met the guys!

    And thank you for your blog. I loved reading your adventures....and just getting to know what its like in the life of a Pros family. Maybe next year us ladies at Goodview Baptist can do something to help you wifes of the Pros in someway. We'll have to talk about it.

    Let Brent know we really appreciate that he took time out of his busy schedule to come with the other guys. Maybe they can do the same thing next year.....I know we would love to have them back...and all of you are welcome.

    Take care...and praying for all of you!
    Joy Hannabass
    Goodview Outdoors Ministry

    ReplyDelete