Thursday, April 22, 2010

World's Biggest Fish Fry!!!!!












So what does a family do for fun in Paris, Tennessee???

Go to the world's biggest fish fry. Now in my last post I mentioned this event and must correct a mistake. This is not ONLY the country's biggest fish fry---it's the WORLD'S biggest fish fry.

We had a blast. The fish was-uuuuuhhh--fishy. I don't really care about fried fish. But the carnival was great. We had so much fun and I was cracking up half the night. The people watching was incredible. We saw Joe Dirt's brother, an old lady flicking ashes into a baby stroller and the guy in charge of the massive slide for toddlers was bent over in his chair with 3 empty monster energy cans, popcorn and cigarette butts scattered around with one in the permanent position hanging from his mouth. (and yes, I did entrust my kids with the extremely alert and qualified man.)
I rode the slow ferris wheel with the kids.
Pat rode the giant pirate ship with them and the lady in front of her nearly threw-up all over them. She was soooooo close to losing lunch.
Brent rode the tilt-a-whirl with them and looked as though he could lose lunch. It was so funny to see the kids laughing while Brent was crying. OK---not crying but he was not looking hot. I shouldn't tease him because I was too wimpy and flat out refused to even go on with them.
I'm no fool---tilt-a-whirl can make ya hurl!!!
The kids thought it was the best day ever'!!!!
Well, duh! mommy even had deep fried Oreos. Are you kidding me??? Everything is better with an extra layer of batter and tossed in grease.

Oh, by the way, Makayla is addicted to an IPhone app of Big Buck Hunter. She is her father's daughter.
This has been a great week. I have the best in-laws and they are so much fun to be with.
Today we made homemade ice cream and took it easy.
Tomorrow---back to work. We will pack up the camper and head to Pickwick Lake for the next Elite Event. Brent reeeeeally needs a good finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment