Monday, February 15, 2010
















I am trying to stay positive!





OK, my last post was Thursday night. I called the service guy Friday morning and worked out the problem with the hot water heater. Silly me---I need to turn it off by the breaker whenever we are not going to use hot water so it doesn't just boil over. Well, Duh! Everybody knows that. right?
OK, my 'fixed' water heater does work and I can do the redneck steps to keep it working until the part comes in. It will all be properly fixed when the part comes in this week.
It is kinda comical... I have been in Birmingham 5 days and been snowed on twice since we got here (plus in Nashville on the way down.) Crazy cold weather. You know what happens when it is suuuuuper cold? Your locks freeze on your camper and you get locked out until the sun warms the door. I AM COOL! I know. Don't be jealous.
OK seriously, this week has been a little challenging. But It made me pause and remember that I am living a dream with my husband, great kiddos and pooch. As we sat down to dinner tonight, I wondered how many families actually sat down at the table together and enjoyed each others company. I really do have it good.
In between all the crazy mishaps the past week. We have also had some great ones. On Saturday the kids enjoyed a Valentine party with all the camping buddies. Mason and Makayla had a blast at the party with Laker and Oakley Howell, Jordon and Spencer Martins, Hudson, Harrison and HelenClaire Faircloth, Cal, Hunter and Hannah Lane, Lexi and Bobby Lane. The mommies had some fun too. Robin, Leslie, Holly, Angie, Madeline, Jimmye Sue and I all went and had lunch at PF Chang's and then shopping. I love my friends form the BASS fishing world. I haven't seen them since the end of last season and it was so good to be together again.
Then on Sunday, the kids and I went over to hang with the Jones family. We went to Desoto Cavern and did the Cave tour. It was really interesting and the kids loved it. Then we came home and made a special Valentine dinner for Brent.
NOW- The Classic is upon us. We checked into the Sheraton and the kids are in heaven. A heated indoor pool and a sport show. We are set.
Brent is working hard and I am trying to offer tons of support and encouragement. He is a great man and I am blessed! ---on that note- I am reading "Power of the Praying Wife." It's great and I recommend it to everyone!





This is a big week. I will keep you posted.





No comments:

Post a Comment